Porto, Portugal, 03/16/2010 - Speakers
include representatives of 3GPP, GSMA, Telenor and TeliaSonera and
leading analysts of idate and Ventura team.
business is undergoing a major shift from voice-driven to data-driven
services. Studies indicate that data revenue has grown by more than 30%
per year, whereas voice revenue grew by just 4%.
When mobile phones became popular, the 2G cellular networks they
utilized did not provide enough bandwidth to support data-heavy
applications. The wireless industry responded with 3G technologies to
give greater bandwidth to enable more services, applications and
wireless devices. 3G helped drive the adoption of data applications.
Today, to meet the requirements for more bandwidth and richer
applications, the mobile industry is responding with an exponentially
faster 4G technology, so called Long Term Evolution (LTE) – an output of
the 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP).
The LTE Forum 2010 will help operators to identify the evolutionary
steps to 4G LTE, to understand the drivers for migrating, and to
determine what they need to be doing now to ensure their network remains
Presentations from mobile operators, analysts, regulators and other
industry experts will help delegates to understand why, when and how to
migrate to 4G LTE, and what they should be doing now to ensure their
networks remain competitive into the future.
The LTE Forum (lteforum2010.com) is scheduled to take place on 27th –
28th April 2010 in Stockholm, for more information and to register
please visit the event website.
The special focus of this conference covers critical areas for LTE
- Session 1 “The LTE Business Environment” - Chairman: Frédéric Pujol,
Mobile Broadband Practice Manager, Idate.
- Session 2 “LTE Deployment, the infrastructure supplier’s perspective” -
Chairman: Hans Kuropatwa, Partner, Ventura Team.
- Session 3 “LTE Business Models” - Chairman: Alan Hadden, President,
- Session 4 “LTE Performance expectations” - Chairman: John McKeague, Sr
Technical Consultant, Award Solutions.
The LTE Forum 2010 brings operators, vendors, end-users, regulators,
experts, analysts and the media together to discuss, debate, and
discover trends and strategies of the Next Generation Mobile technology,
the most crucial industry challenges facing LTE.
The Speakers list of the LTE Forum 2010 in Stockholm/Sweden include:
- Randall Schwartz, Wireless 20/20, Founder;
- Alan Hadden, GSA, President;
- Hans Kuropatwa, Ventura Team, Partner;
- Hassan Claussen, Hansecom, Founder & CEO;
- Xiaodong Zhu, ZTE, CTO of ZTE Western European Marketing Platform;
- Richard Savage, Qualcomm, Director Business Development;
- Sami Jokinen, Nokia, Senior Manager in Nokia Devices R&D;
- Martin Ljungberg, Ericsson, Product Manager, Mobile Broadband,
Business Unit Networks;
- Hanna Maurer Sibley, LTE/SAE Trial Initiative (LSTI), Member of
- Luc Beylkens, Alcatel-Lucent;
- Kevin Holley, 3GPP, 3GPP SA Vice-Chairman;
- Mats Lundbaeck, TeliaSonera, Director of Mobile Network Architecture
- Meik Kottkamp, Rohde & Schwarz, Technology Manager, Test &
- Rune Harald Rakken, Telenor, Telenor Group Business Development and
- Dan Warren, GSM Association, Director of Technology;
- John McKeague, Award Solutions EMEA, Sr Technical Consultant;
- Frederic Pujol, Idate, Head of the radio technology and spectrum
HanseCom Media & Communication is a business media company.
The company, led by an experienced management team headquartered in
Porto, was established in Portugal in 2004.
HanseCom Media & Communication, a leading IT & Telecom
conference organizer, has earned itself a reputation of excellence,
specializing in specific themes, pertaining to the Information
Our conferences provide not only valuable updated information, but also
insight on how a given technology is likely to pan out in the future. In
this way, a HanseCom event is often an interface between research and
industry. It is an excellent occasion for bringing together these two
worlds and ensures an extremely strong networking opportunity for
delegates and speakers alike.
For more information about The LTE Forum 2010
HanseCom Media and Communications
T: +44 774 088 1279
Submitted by NeonDrum on behalf of HanseCom Media and Communications
Nicky Denovan / T: +44 7747 017654.