Why Customers Love Our eLearning:
- Self-paced, animated, and interactive
- $150/each course for 6 month license
- Immediate online access upon purchase
- Flexible way to take training at any hour
- Online Training Transcript available
Long Term Evolution (LTE) is universally accepted next generation broadband wireless system based on an All-IP network. Each LTE device would need at least one IP address to communicate and obtain services like web browsing, Machine-to-machine communication, voice and video services, SMS, etc. As the number of IP connected nodes continue to grow, the current IPv4-NAT architecture no longer suffices and we must consider a transition to IPv6 protocol. This seminar explores the IPv6 protocol, its features and capabilities and describes how LTE networks assigns IPv6 addresses to LTE devices. It describes assignment of IPv6 address to LTE devices and dual-stack IPv4v6 addressing to facilitate smooth transition. In conclusion, the student will understand the use of IPv6 addresses and IPv6 operations in LTE networks.
After completing this seminar, the participant will be able to:• Sketch LTE-EPC network architecture and identify the role of IPv6• List the key aspects of IPv6• Sketch the IPv6 addressing architecture and addressing formats• Discuss the different IP allocation schemes in LTE• Describe the use of dual stack IPv4/IPv6 in LTE Networks• Explain IPv6 address assignment scenarios of LTE networks
This seminar is an overview of IPv6 addressing formats and IPv6 assignment operation in LTE networks, and is targeted for a broad audience. This includes those in planning, provisioning, operations, and end-to-end service deployment groups.
Course Outlines / Knowledge Knuggets
1. Setting the stage1.1. LTE-EPC network architecture1.2. PDN connections1.3. IP address assignment in LTE2. IPv6 Essentials2.1. Key aspects of IPv6 2.2. IPv6 addressing3. IPv6 Assignment in LTE Networks3.1. Default bearer setup operation3.2. IPv6 address allocation3.3. Role of NAS signaling3.4. Assignment of dual-stack IPv4/IPv6 addresses4. IPv6 Deployment in LTE Networks4.1. Dual-stack connectivity4.2. IPv6 migration scenarios