Why Customers Love Our eLearning:
- Self-paced, animated, and interactive
- $150/each course for 6 month license
- Immediate online access upon purchase
- Flexible way to take training at any hour
- Online Training Transcript available
Long Term Evolution (LTE) is a leading contender for next generation broadband wireless networks, providing an evolution path for a variety of 3G wireless networks, such as UMTS and 1xEV-DO. LTE offers significantly higher packet data rates, enabling advanced multimedia applications and high-speed Internet access. This eLearning course takes a look at the LTE air interface and Non-Access Stratum (NAS) signaling operations used to establish and maintain LTE calls. The key LTE network components and interfaces are described, and then the steps involved in establishing and managing data calls are illustrated, highlighting the roles of each component and the flow of signaling and data across the network. By the conclusion of this course, the student will have a deeper understanding of how the UE and the network work together to deliver services to LTE subscribers.
View a free eLearning demo | Purchase a license for only $150
If this is your first eLearning purchase, you will be asked to create an account in order to obtain a license.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:• Sketch the key components of a typical LTE network and the interfaces between them• List the key channels of DL and UL in LTE• Provide an overview of Call setup and related signaling in LTE• Walk through the steps involved in a Network Attach• Discuss the establishment of EPS bearers • Explain how QoS requirements are managed in LTE• Summarize the cell selection and reselection processes for idle UEs• Illustrate how active connections are maintained during handovers
This course provides an overview of LTE signaling operations, and is targeted for a broad audience for a quick reference to LTE operations. This includes those in engineering, operations, and product sales/marketing.
• LTE Overview (eLearning)
Average 3 hours
1. LTE Network Architecture Overview1.1. E-UTRAN architecture1.2. EPC (MME, S-GW, P-GW, HSS)2. LTE Air Interface Signaling Basics2.1. LTE frame structure2.2. LTE channels overview3. System Acquisition3.1. Initial attach operation3.2. Default/dedicated bearer setup3.3. Handovers and idle mobility3.4. Inter-RAT handovers4. Network Attachment and Default Bearer4.1. Atttachment steps4.2. Default bearer setup4.3. IP address allocation5. QoS and Dedicated Bearers5.1. QoS classes5.2. QoS enforcement5.3. Dedicated EPS bearers6. Uplink and Downlink Traffic6.1. CQI6.2. DC16.3. Downlink traffic operations6.4. Uplink traffic operations7. Idle Mode7.1. S1 release7.2. Cell reselection7.3. TAU7.4. Paging8. Handover8.1. Handover types8.2. Measurement8.3. Handover stages9. SummaryPut It All TogetherAssess the knowledge of the participant based on the objectives of the course